Friday, February 5, 2016

The link between loners and computers post 1

As far as my role goes, I’m just some consumer. I have nothing on critiquing or creating media, I just watch t.v. and go on the internet. Most people my age have a Facebook and Twitter and check them every day, but not me. For a lot of my life, I was kind of alone, when I was younger I wasn’t that fun to be around. I remember how cool I thought I was when I would watch t.v. and see these cool guy loners on action shows. Usually the loner persona goes along with hacker and/or the video game playing persona. It all comes together to make shut-ins seem like super geniuses with technology.
Oddly enough, I always found this persona to be cool, in fact, I kind of fit into it. I play video games and hope to get a job in coding. Now that I think about it, I wonder how much of that is me and how much was that influence. Because even today that persona, although I know it’s fake, is still the coolest thing in the world to me. If you don’t know what persona I mean, it’s like any hacker villain in cop shows. Like when the detectives need to find a guy and you see the bad guy typing really fast, stealing money from bank accounts. Yep, that guy’s my hero. Not necessarily the villain part but the cool hacker guy part.
Media hasn’t fit into my as much as most other people. For one thing I never had a social media account before today, or at least one that I check. I’ve just never liked social media. For me, social media just seems like a place where people talk about themselves. The most media comes into my life is when I watch t.v. Because of that, I don’t think I know how much common experience involves mass media events. It seems like that would be a thing that trend on twitter or something. Even in real life, I don't talk about big media events.



No comments:

Post a Comment