Sunday, February 7, 2016

Nyja Devine i am a recording artist. Most will critique me as a rapper, although I don't  identify under one genre of music. I feel I do whatever speaks to me, however I feel in the current moment dictates what I produce. My role in Media consumption is to eliminate stereotypes I want to diffuse the whole stereotypical perspective, in which we perceive who someone is based upon appearance. I am a huge part of what is measured against media example, my whole overall image which I call "vintage presents future" makes you question all the stereotypical perspectives a person has of an individual who looks a certain way 


On a daily basis our common experiences are shared on mass media events I think a lot of it gets watered down but ultimately I think it's a recycled on going never changing thing with people as a whole. Media in my life is everything from the stereotypical mindset of a black male with a hoody on, to that women who wears colorful bright  clothes, to the gothic influence people who paint nails black that's all me, I can't be identified under one thing, because I fuse all styles in one.

I grew up living my life on Union square and soho daily. I would see so much different style and so much different people it influence who I am today. So my nails I paint them black to represent for goths, I wear vans sneakers representing for the skaters, skinny jeans representing of current form and vintage clothing representing the 70's and 80's

No comments:

Post a Comment