Sunday, February 7, 2016

Me VS Media

I am Patricia, a young Spanish woman who found her interest in Media, and everything that surrounds it, at the age of nineteen. I am, honestly, not a daily media consumer. I don't watch television, barely go to the movies, or listen to the radio. It is funny how I like innovating when producing my own films but at the same time I have almost nothing to guide myself with, which I find is very interesting and it helps me to create my own personal products.

A few days ago I have found this video that I would like to share with you. It really represents the way filmmakers work from beginning to end, from my point of view, and I believe that most of you would recognize yourselves when watching it. It shows the struggle every filmmaker goes through, from finding the locations, cast and creating the story boards, to finally editing and selling the final product to the market. 




Stop staring to a screen and go see the world.

On the other hand, as most of the people do, I spend most of the time using social media. Although, I have tried many times to avoid it. I believe that social media has become a sickness that has affected the whole world. This is something that really annoys me since it doesn't let us see the reality of things and, in some way, has possessed control over us without even noticing it. 

This is exactly what I am talking about. We have left important things on a side in order to be connected to others. People need to see that having three hundred Facebook friends doesn't mean they are actually their friends. Stop spending some much time in front of a screen and dedicate your time to spend it with those who you love and care about. 



No comments:

Post a Comment